Friday, March 11, 2005

The hype about Skype

Ladies and gents, I present to you the MSN Messenger destroyer! Big claims, but I honestly think Skype has what it takes to defeat microsoft's annoying chat program.

About a year and a half ago, I told a buddy of mine (Mandip) to download and install Skype so that we could talk over the internet instead of using our mobiles. We were both suitably impressed, but we knew that it would take more to suade people from using messenger.

Well, I recently decided to give it another go and I have to say, the improvements have been immense!! Skype has progressed so much since in such a short space of time. Instead of telling you how much I like it, I'm going to tell you the features it provides in addition to those provided by messenger:

1) Real-time, telephone quality voice communication
2) Call landlines accross the world with SkypeOut for 1.7 Euro cents per minute
3) Send text messages (SMS) to mobiles around the world for free
4) Converse with numerous people at the same time (Conferencing)
5) Use less system resources then messenger--very important!

Skype it! www.skype.com

+nicks

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home