Tuesday, August 30, 2005

The DVD Collection

Anyone who knows me is familiar with my huge collection of DVDs. So far, I have been keeping a record of what I own on an Excel spreadsheet...although accurate, not entirely useful.

By sheer coincidence, I stumbled accross a software package calle DVD Profiler. This allows you to build a database of movies that you own, complete with detailed information about the particular DVD you own (cover images, actors, directors, sountrack, etc)

As you might expect, all of this information is downloaded for you automatically. All you have to do is either tape in the barcode ID, or simply search for the film. As many of my DVDs do not have barcodes, I used my excel spreadsheet to labouriously search each DVD I own through DVD Profiler. There really should be a way of importing a CSV file, but who cares...I'm happy for now.

After 2 hours of that, I am now left with a database of 245+ movies....what's better is that all my friends and family can see what I have by visting this site:

http://www.intervocative.com/dvdcollection.aspx/Movie_Dude

I have tried to put a permanent link on the sidebar for this site, but it's not liking it....I'll give it another go tomorrow, but for now, you ca use the link above!!

+nicks

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

free call center software




Hi, great blog by the way - didn't think you'd mind me posting this anonymously - as you do allow anonymous posts ;-).

Anyone tried this Skype program yet for free telephone calls over the internet? A guy at work uses it all the time and because he signed all his friends and relatives up he saves a fortune on his calls. Might be worth a go.

Good luck with the blog






.

5:55 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home