Monday, January 10, 2005

Dartford madness!!

Well, this is day that I'm supposed to be going back to work...but I've had to call in sick because of the crazy traffic I was in yesterday whilst trying to make my way back to Rochester.

The journey started well...the roads were fairly clear of traffic, it took me an hour to get to junction 30 of the M25 (which is pretty good). It was at this point I met a diversion which I was slightly confused about (turned out to be a warehouse fire in the end). So, I ended up going round a big roundabout half a dozen times whilst on the phone to my dad, trying to figure out a different way to get to Rochester. I decided to stop and ask a policemen who was diverting the traffic. Needless to say, stopping at the side of a roundabout and being on the phone aggravated him just a tad. After hurling abuse at me I was forced to make my way down the A13 in an attempt to get to the Blackwall tunnel. Hmm...it sounds easy, but 4 hours later I'd barely moved a mile!!!!!

My frustration and anger got the better of me and I had to head back home via the A406, which took a measly 45 minutes.

What I've learnt:
6 hours on the road (with over 4 being in traffic) is enough to drive anyone to suicide...hence the day off!!

+nicks

p.s wish me luck for the journey back today!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home