Wednesday, March 23, 2005

ephPod ..ification!

I've been meaning to update the songs on my iPod for ages now, but have always been put off because of how crap iTunes really is. iTunes makes it sooooo tediously difficult to just copy over the songs you want. I hate the way it doesn't keep your windows directory structure...what the frig's that about?!!

Anyway, today I thought I would give iTunes another shot, but after 10 minutes I knew I was in for a very long process. So, I googled to find an alternative. I didn't think there would be so many, but there are roughly 10 or so programs that bypass the whole iTunes philosophy of doing things. For no real reason, I decided to try out ephPod.

Having used it for only half an hour, I can honestly say I'm never going to open iTunes up again. ephPod makes it so easy to just add a directory/song from your hard drive to your iPod. The only drawback I can see is that it takes slightly longer to copy over the files....roughly 1 minute per 100mb transferred. I don't mind waiting, as I know it would take just as long to locate some of my music files in iTunes.

The download is only 3.7mb and I think that 99% of people will prefer it (the other 1% being Mac owners!!)

+nicks

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home